Ready to make more money?
With both licenses under your possession you will be able to make money from all clients.
The curriculum for students enrolled in the crossover course for barbers shall consist of a minimum of Three hundred (300)hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all practices of those cosmetology practices that are NOT part of the required training or practice of a barber. The primary purpose of this course is to train the students in the basic manipulative skills on all phases of hairstyling, haircutting, hair coloring, permanent waving, nails, facials, make up, safety judgments, proper paper work habits and practices of a cosmetologist and desirable attitude to pass the State Board Examination and for competency in job entry level positions in cosmetology or related career field.
The Cosmetology crossover course for barbers is designed to prepare students to pass the State Licensing examination and to secure employment in the cosmetology or related career field.
Upon completion of the course requirements, a student graduate will be able to:
- Perform the basic manipulative skills such as: haircutting, hair styling, shaping, bleaching, tinting, permanent waving, facials, make up and nails etc. .
- Understand sterilization and sanitation procedures.
- Understand employer- employee relationship and respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received.
- Practice proper grooming, effective communication skills, visual poise, professional ethics, and salesmanship.
- Have a better understanding of the Barbering and Cosmetology Rules and Regulations.
The education is provided through a sequential set of learning steps, which address specific tasks necessary for completion, State Board preparation and job entry-level skills. Each student will receive instructions that relate to the performance of useful, creative and productive career oriented activities. Clinic equipment, implements, and products are comparable to those used in the Industry. The course is presented through well-developed lesson plans, which reflect current educational methods. Subjects are presented by means of lecture, demonstration and classroom participation, or examination. Practical operation shall mean the actual performance by the student of a complete service on another person or a mannequin.
For specific course details, download our Student Catalog, Cosmetology for Barbers course details are on pages 21-24.